Online gaming has become a profession now, and game lovers would not mind making it their career. However, any profession that requires you to sit in a chair for hours can be dangerous for the body posture. You need to e really concerned about it.
Is sitting a Long time on a gaming chair safe?
To be clear, sitting on any chair is not safe and healthy. Because it is not your natural posture, does it mean one should not sit on a gaming chair? Well, no, but you need to work on it and find the right posture for you.
Sitting on a gaming chair in a normal posture can lead to the following issues.
- Postural ailments.
- Nerve syndrome.
If you are a gamer, who wants to know how he can minimize the effect of a sedentary profession, then you have landed on the right page. We will tell you the right way to sit in a chair.
It is not that the gaming chairs are not user-friendly; they are, in fact, made with great care. The users would not pay heed to the right sitting posture and then end up having severe backache. Some of you might think that knowing the right posture to sit on a gaming chair is very easy, and everyone knows it naturally. Well, it is not.
People often think that the posture that feels the most comfortable is the right one. Sorry to say, but it is not, and you will find it hard initially to sit in the right posture. Despite how comfy the gaming chairs are, you still need to sit in a healthy posture.
We will discuss the right posture, a few tips to avoid back pain that is very common when playing online games, tips to avoid neck pain, and the right position.
What is the right posture to sit on a gaming chair?
Sitting on a computer or gaming chair in the right posture requires a constant struggle. In the first place, ensure that the chair you have bought is ergonomic. Secondly, it should be adjustable. Its height needs to be according to your body’s requirements.
Steps to make your seat a comfortable seat.
Set the chair
First, you need to adjust the chair. For that, you need to follow these steps.
- Push your hips towards the back of the chair as far as they can go. This way, you can stretch your back.
- Now adjust the height of the chair. The perfect height would be where your feet will be touching the ground, and your knees are parallel with the thighs. Ensure that you feel comfortable.
- Now recline the chair a little bit. Almost at a 100 to 110-degree angle.
- Now adjust the armrest so that your shoulders are relaxed.
Set the keyboard
The next step will be setting the PC’s keyboard or the laptop on a table. Most of the time, gamers tend to play on a PC, so here we will discuss according to the PC. You should follow these tips when adjusting the keyboard.
- Pull the keyboard towards you.
- Ensure that the keyboard is directly in front of your body.
- Now determine the most-used section of the keyboard.
- Adjust the height of your keyboard.
The screen of the desktop
The screen needs to be in the same line as your eyes. You should not need to look down or upward; it will affect the back posture. You should have it at a level. It can be a bit difficult to do it, but by adjusting the height of the chair.
Tips for the best posture to avoid back pain
This section will discuss the best posture for each part of your body while sitting on a gaming chair.
For the upper body.
You need to follow these tips to keep the neck discs and the upper back in a healthy posture.
- For the head: you should always rest your head on a headrest.
- Neck: you need to ensure that the ears are at the same plane line as your shoulders; this will reduce the chances of headaches.
- Shoulders: your shoulders should be in a normal position. They should not be too low or too high.
For the middle body
For your middle body, every professional gamer’s chair will have adjustable armrests. You need to follow these tips for the armrests.
- The height of the armrests needs to be according to your body’s needs. Your elbows should be at a right angle with your arms.
- To avoid cubital tunnel syndrome, the armrest should not put pressure on your arms.
For the backrest
Next is the backrest, which is one of the most important parts. You need to follow these tips for a perfect backrest.
- Recline the gaming chair within 90 to 120 degrees.
- Keep your lower back pressed; you should not be sitting in a slouching position.
- You can use some extra pillows to keep your back straight while sitting on the chair. It will reduce the chances of back pain.
For hips and thighs
Sitting for hours can make your thighs and hips painful. To avoid it, you can try these tips.
- Your hips should be touching the back of the seat. There should not be any space between the lower back of the seat and your hips.
- Both your thighs need to be on the chair. You should not try to sit in crossed legs position.
Sitting in the right posture is essential because a bad posture would damage your body. It will lead to irreversible damage. Several people have developed different bone structures only because they used to sit on chairs all the time. To avoid such situations, you need to know some effective tips for a safe and healthy posture.